Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Nursing Pinning Ceremony

In August of 2011 I still remember that feeling of walking into my college for the first time -- so unsure of what was to take place . . . I sat in my orientation for nursing -- and everything in me fought from quitting right then and right there . . .

I didn't think I could do it . . . nursing is "not for the weak" they say. And right from the beginning they "scare" you. I remember walking out of the orientation thinking "I CANNOT do this!" We all thought that.

But I did it . . . we did it. And today was a very special day! The first regional nursing pinning ceremony. My only disappointment was my nursing cap did not make it in time -- but oh well -- I survived without one :]

I'll leave you with pictures . . . We had a photographer in taking pictures -- so when those arrive -- I may add some more :] But for now, this is what you get!

Singing "Oh Canada"



Getting my nursing pin!


No words describe how amazing this woman is!
The main instructor/coordinator for the nursing program.
She was full of encouragement . . .
She kept us "alive" during our most stressful times . . .
She was always there to listen . . .
She believed in us . . .
And she helped us succeed!
Thank you, Leah!


Saying the Nursing Pledge . . .


Happiness :]


My nursing pin!


                      My Kenora nursing class of 2013!
                            With my four instructors . . .
                     We missed you Jenn and Sarah . . .
                          

These girls came to celebrate with me :]


My fabulous cousin Alicia!


And my wonderful parents . . .
It was because they encouraged me --
To follow my dream . . .
Of becoming a nurse,
That I am here today!
They were my biggest encouragers!
They saw me through two years of --
 ...craziness...
...tears...
...stress...
...busy busy busy...
When I felt like giving up --
They encouraged me to keep pursuing my dream!
Thank you Dad and Mom --
I love you!


And my sisterhood!
Also some of my biggest encouragers . . .
They kept me sane --
During my most stressful days!






Nursing Pinning Ceremony May 29, 2013 . . .
A day I will NEVER forget!

1 comment:

  1. Clarissa this is SO well done!! I love it. 2 years is a BIG thing and I'm so proud of you! Can't believe your down now!
    Kayla K

    ReplyDelete